Anulomvilom is commonly known as alternate nostril breathing. Anulom vilom is the most popular yoga asana (Yoga posture) and it has many physical and mental health benefits. Anulom vilom reduces stress, improved the respiratory system, cardiovascular system, and also improves brain functions. So nowadays the pranayama is a part of life all over the world.
Anulom vilom pranayama is full of energies. During covid19 situation anulom vilom pranayama is most important because it helps to boost immunity and improves the lungs caopacity. It is also known as nadi sodhan pranayama.
Anulomvilom pranayama cures breathing disorders or breathing problems and also balances the Vata, pitta, and Kapha. Vaata, pitta, and Kapha are present in all human bodies and if one of them gets imbalanced then the person suffers from different diseases.
It is very important to practice anulomvilom pranayama in this covid 19 pandemic situation because the regular practice can strengthen the lungs and also increase the lungs capacity also increase oxygen level in our body.
Covid 19 patients have low oxygen levels, so this pranayama is the most effective pranayama that increases oxygen levels and keeps your lungs healthy.
Anulom vilom Benefits:
Benefits of anulom vilom pranayama are given below.
- Anulom vilom pranayama boosts immunity.
- It strengthening the lungs and increase its capacity.
- This pranayama improves your sleep and permanently cure sleep disorders like insomnia, by doing it regularly.
- Most effective for migraine pain.
- This yoga asana is most effective for migraine head ache pain. Do it at least 10 to 15 minutes to cure migraine pain permanently.
- It reduces stress and strain.
- It improves mental stability.
- It helps in relaxing body and mind.
- It prevents anxiety and depression.
- Effective for clear and glowing skin.
- Because it purifies the blood.
- It calms your mind and balances your energy channel.
- Most effective for asthma.
- It cures dust allergies.
- It helps in removing toxins from your body, by doing it regularly.
- It increases the oxygen level in your body.
- If you, do it regularly you feel peace.
- It increases eye sight.
- Doing it the blood circulation remains correct.
- Anulom vilom pranayama beneficial for all the disorders of brain.
- It improves sinus inflammation.
- It removes the negative thoughts and increase joy and enthusiasm.
- It is most beneficial for sinusitis and cold.
- It maintains the blood pressure and purifies the nerves and veins. It cures hyper tension, but practice it regularly under the guidance of certified yoga trainer.
- It prevents neurological disorders.
- It manages anger.
- By doing It regularly it keeps heart healthy and reduces the risk of heart diseases. Because it helps in purifies the blood and improves oxygen supply.
- It improves digestion.
- It helps in removing blockages present in nostrils allows constant passage of oxygen.
- It helps in relieve from ear problems.
- Helps keeps diabetes under control.
- It gives relief from uneasiness and frustrations.
- This pranayama increases decision making ability.
- Effective for weight loss because it helps in increasing the metabolism.
Anulom vilom steps:
Anulom vilom pranayam procedure are given below:
- it on a yoga mat at open place in any one of the meditative postures like sukasana, padmasana, or vajrasana, etc. It is important to sit comfortably.
- Close your eyes and relax your body.
- Keep your head and back straight.
- Take a deep breath in.
- Place your one hands on the knees with palm is facing the upward.
- Next fold the index finger of one hand, such that the tip touches the tip of the thumb.
- The other hand used for inhale and exhale process. i.e., Close your right nostril with your thumb and in hale through your left nostril, slowly and deeply, until your lungs are full.
- Next release your thumb and close your left nostril with your ring finger.
- Exhale slowly through the right nostril.
- The reverse it and repeat it at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- After 10 to 15 minutes, it will give you immediate calming effect.
Anulom vilom precautions:
- Be mindful of the breath and see how it affects the body and mind.
- Try it for a minute or two in the beginning.
- The first time you try, it may feel a little strange.
- Do this only for as long as you are comfortable.
- Don’t force yourself to go out of your comfort zone.
- It’s important to feel in control and at ease.
- In the beginning, practice Anulom Vilom only with a trained yoga teacher.
Anulomvilom side effects:
There are no side effects of anulom vilom pranayama for healthy peoples. If you are a beginner then start the pranayama and do it for only 1 to 2 minutes only. Then increase it gradually. But if you feel problems in breathing or you feel fatigued then stop it and consult a doctor.
But if you are pregnant or suffering from hypertension, anxiety, or panic attack, then you can skip it. If you are interested in anulomvilom pranayama then consult a doctor and start the pranayama slowly under the guidance of a certified yoga teacher.
Faq’s for Anulom vilom?
How long should one do anulom vilom pranayama?
Beginners should perform Anulom Vilom for 1 to 2 minutes and then increase it gradually. You can increase it up to 15 to 20 minutes.
Can anulom vilom pranayama beneficial for brain?
Yes, this pranayama is most effective for the brain and cures neurological disorders. It increases concentration and decision-making ability.
Can anulom vilom pranayama beneficial for eyes?
Yes, it is beneficial for the eye. It increases eyesight.
Can anulom vilom pranayama beneficial for glowing skin ?
Yes, it is helpful for glowing skin, because it purifies the blood.
Can any one do anulom vilom pranayama during pregnancy?
No, avoid anulom vilom pranayama during and shortly after pregnanacy.
Can anulom vilom pranayama beneficial for weight loss?
yes, it increases the metabolic rate.
Can anulom vilom pranayama beneficial for hair?
Yes, because it purifies the blood and removes impurities from skull nerves.
Can anulom vilom beneficial for heart?
Yes, it prevents heart diseases. By doing it regularly it keeps the heart healthy.